Google has at all times been tremendous into together with easter eggs into Android, very very like the Flappy Fowl recreation in Android 5.0 Lollipop or the Neko Atsume ‘cat-collecting’ easter egg in Android 7.0 Nougat. The latter was a patient-testing recreation, which concerned baiting digital cats into consuming served meals. It was a extremely enjoyable and funky easter egg added to Nougat but it surely appears the identical has now been carried ahead to Android Oreo as nicely.
A consumer on Reddit found that the Nougat easter egg was nonetheless seen within the notification heart when he up to date his system to Android Oreo. He might nonetheless bait cats into consuming the snacks positioned on the empty plate, which confirmed up within the notification shade after some time. He might additionally view the whole listing of cats he had baited within the recreation.
The Nougat easter egg didn’t make an look for me though I had up to date my unique Pixel to Android Oreo months in the past. However, I later discovered that it could be as a result of I had forgotten to activate Nougat’s easter egg earlier than upgrading to Android Oreo or flashed the Pixel (or Nexus, for you!) previous to the replace.
For those who’re dealing with the identical problem, there’s no want to worry. You’ll be able to nonetheless entry the Nougat easter egg by following this step-by-step information:
1. Set up a customized launcher, reminiscent of Motion launcher (Free) in your Oreo-powered system. Lengthy press on the homescreen and choose the ‘actions’ widget. You now must choose the ‘.neko.NekoActivationActivity’ shortcut to put on the homescreen.
2. Now, faucet on the Android Easter Egg shortcut that’s been created in your system to activate the function. You’ll see a cat emoji seem on the very backside of the show, which confirms that the cat assortment easter egg is now accessible in your system.
3. Now you can swipe right down to open the notification shade, the place you’ll must faucet the “pencil” icon on the backside proper to edit the contents of the identical. Scroll right down to the very backside of the edit display and also you’ll now see the ‘??? Android Easter Egg’ possibility seem there.
4. When you transfer the ‘Nougat easter egg’ recreation widget to the notification shade, you’ll see an empty dish the place you possibly can serve 4 various kinds of meals to bait the cat. You’ll be able to select between meals bits, fish, rooster and a biscuit deal with.
5. The meals you positioned on the empty dish attracts a digital cat and also you’re notified of the identical. As you possibly can see beneath, I positioned a fish and Cat #777 got here my manner. It is a minimalistic recreation that doesn’t want a lot consideration however is kind of enjoyable.
To view the cats you’ve attracted, you possibly can both lengthy press on the empty dish icon within the notification shade or make a brand new widget (this time for the .neko.NekoLand exercise) utilizing the method defined above.
SEE ALSO: OxygenOS with Android Oreo Brings a Cool New Easter Egg
I solely have one cat in the interim however I’m going to work on attracting extra immediately. This baiting recreation is an effective way to kill time, so that you must also attempt to accumulate as many cats as doable. Do you might have the Nougat easter egg in your Oreo-powered Pixel or Nexus? If not, are you planning to activate this function? Tell us within the feedback down beneath.