Cloud providers have gained huge recognition over the previous few years, and with most individuals these day juggling between a number of cloud storage platforms, it’s only pure that you just’d typically wish to sync your recordsdata between these numerous providers or, even switch from one service to a different for no matter cause. There are a lot of methods to do that, and as we speak, we’re going to point out you precisely easy methods to transfer your recordsdata between one cloud storage service and one other:
How To Sync Information Between A number of Cloud Providers
When you’ve got a couple of recordsdata saved within the cloud, transferring them from one platform to a different shouldn’t even be an issue. You possibly can simply obtain them on to your laptop and re-upload them to your new cloud storage service,saving your self the effort of making an attempt out something new. If, nevertheless, like most individuals today, you even have tons and tons of information saved within the cloud, having to obtain every thing to your native storage gadget after which re-uploading them to the cloud shouldn’t be solely a laborious and time-consuming course of, it’s additionally fully pointless.That’s as a result of there are fairly a couple of providers that automate the method – some even at no cost – so that you just don’t must waste your time or exhaust your bandwidth making an attempt to sync your recordsdata and folders from one service to a different.
For the aim of this text, we’ll use a free, web-based service referred to as MultCloud to exhibit easy methods to switch recordsdata between two of the preferred cyberlocker platforms proper now – Google Drive and Dropbox. On its web site, MultCloud says it helps a complete host of cloud storage providers, together with, however not restricted to, OneDrive, AmazonS3, MediaFire, MyDrive, Field and Yandex, alongside the 2 that we’re utilizing for our demonstration as we speak. We selected Google Drive and Dropbox due to two causes.
First off, I have already got accounts with each these providers, so I’m already acquainted with most of their options and quirks, however much more importantly, these are among the many hottest cloud storage platforms worldwide, so it could be reassuring for lots of people to know that the cloud storage platform(s) they’re utilizing truly help a few of the choices we’re discussing as we speak.
Use MultCloud to Transfer Recordsdata Between Google Drive and Dropbox
MultCloud is without doubt one of the absolute best free, web-based providers that means that you can sync between a number of cloud storage platforms. The interface is extraordinarily intuitive and even first-time customers shouldn’t actually have any issues navigating via the setup course of, which requires little or no person enter apart from the account names and passwords. Because the service is web-based you don’t even have to put in something in your PC. All that you must do to make use of the service is navigate to the corporate’s official web site by clicking on this hyperlink.
- The very best half about MultCloud’s service is that you just received’t even must create an account to make use of its service. You possibly can merely click on on the “Expertise with out signing up” hyperlink to get began.
- You’ll be prompted so as to add the cloud drives, so click on on the “Add Cloud Drives” possibility as seen within the picture beneath.
- Select any of the cloud drives on provide and click on on “Subsequent”. In my case, I selected Google Drive.
- Click on on “Add Google Drive Account”.
- You’ll be redirected to Google’s secured login web page, the place you’ll must log in to your Google Account by filling in your credentials.
- Affirm that you really want MultCloud to entry your account.
- As soon as MultCloud positive factors entry to your Google Drive account, you’ll see an inventory of all of your GDrive recordsdata on the MultCloud window.
- Now select your second cyberlocker account the very same approach. Add Cloud Drives -> Dropbox -> Subsequent.
- Fill in your Dropbox Credentials and enable MultCloud to entry your Dropbox account.
- When you’ve clicked on enable, you’ll be redirected to the MultiCloud web page, the place you’ll must click on on the “Cloud Switch” possibility on high.
- Click on on “Choose the Listing you wish to switch” and select the precise recordsdata/folders you wish to transfer.
- In my case, I’ve selected to switch a folder referred to as “Antivirus” from Google Drive to Dropbox. Bear in mind to click on on “OK” when you’ve made your alternative.
- Subsequent up, select your “Goal listing”, which, in my case, is Dropbox.
- When you’re performed selecting your each the supply and the vacation spot, click on on “Switch Now”.
- You’ll get a message saying “Success”, which suggests your chosen folder in Google Drive is now backed up in your Dropbox account.
- You possibly can, after all, go to your Dropbox dashboard to test for your self if the switch was profitable, which it was, in my case.
Different Choices To Sync Your Recordsdata Between Completely different File-Internet hosting Providers
Whereas MultCloud is without doubt one of the finest choices on the market for the aim, it’s undoubtedly not the one participant out there that provides to maneuver your knowledge between a number of cloud providers at no cost. It’s also possible to use different providers like Cloudsfer and Mover.io to the identical factor, though, each include stricter restrictions on their free tier in comparison with MultCloud. Whereas Cloudsfer provides a mere 5GB of information switch at no cost, Mover.io doesn’t actually have a free tier anymore, though, they did have one till final yr.
As for MultCloud, it provides a whopping 2TB (sure, that’s TeraBytes with a T) of transfers earlier than you’ll must subscribe to the paid tier. Even then, the plans are fairly cheap in comparison with a few of its opponents, seeing as you’ll solely must pay $69.99 per yr for limitless site visitors. Mover.io, however, costs $20 per person for simply 20GB of information and $1 per GB thereafter. Cloudsfer is just sightly extra inexpensive (should you can name it that), and costs $6 to switch 8GB of information after the 5GB free-transfer restrict is exhausted. Whereas all of them have their very own execs and cons, as of now, it’s onerous to beat the worth proposition that MultCloud brings to the desk.
visit here- 10 BEST SECURITY EXTENSIONS FOR CHROME
Transfer Information Between Cloud Providers With Ease
Syncing between a number of cloud storage providers is actually one of many best issues to do, and also you don’t even must pay a dime to to that. So do you utilize every other service to sync your knowledge between completely different cyberlockers, or are you planning to make use of any one of many choices mentioned above? Do tell us what you consider such providers by leaving your ideas within the remark part beneath.