App updates might deliver new, helpful options or they could take away a characteristic which was helpful to us. If the latter is the case, what do you often do? Almost certainly, you’d search for the APK of the decrease model, and disable auto-update on the Play Retailer. Although this may increasingly work, it doesn’t all the time suffice – primarily for 2 causes. First, your app information might get misplaced, and second, you might unintentionally replace the app, therefore having to undergo the downgrading course of once more. Now what if I instructed you that there’s a method with which you’ll be able to completely cease the app updates of a specific app? That might be cool, proper? So if you’re keen to know extra about it, right here is the way to completely cease updates for any Android app with out root:
Notice: I attempted this methodology on my Moto G3 operating Android 7.1.2 utilizing my laptop computer operating Home windows 10 Professional with Android Studio 2.3.3.
Conditions for Completely Stopping Updates for Any Android App
To completely cease updates for any Android app, you’ll have to re-sign the APK of your required app. However earlier than that, there are some things talked about under that it’s essential to guarantee.
- You will have a software program that may view and extract compressed information and folders. I’d suggest WinRAR.
- You will have to have Android Studio put in in your laptop.
- Enable set up of apps from unknown sources in your Android gadget. For this, go to your cellphone’s Settings –> Safety –> Unknown sources, and toggle this setting on.
The right way to Completely Cease Updates for Any Android App
Now that you’ve got the specified setup prepared for the process, you will get began by following the steps under.
- Browse to the trail within the Android Studio folder that has the “keytool.exe” file. You possibly can copy this for ease in additional steps. When you saved the set up path for the appliance because the default one, then it needs to be the next:
C:Program FilesAndroidAndroid Studiojrebin
- Now open Command Immediate in your laptop in administrator mode. To do this, press Win + X in your keyboard adopted by urgent the important thing ‘A’. If prompted, give it the entry to consumer account management. You’ll now need to change the listing to the trail that you just copied within the earlier step. For instance, if it had been the identical aforementioned path, then you definitely would execute the next command:
cd C:Program FilesAndroidAndroid Studiojrebin
- The subsequent step entails downloading the APK of the app model that you just need. You are able to do that by trying to find the app on APKMirror. Transfer this file to the folder that you just opened in step one. I downloaded the APK for QuickPic v4.5.2 and even renamed it to QuickPic.apk for comfort.
- Now open this APK file with the file extractor opened in administrator mode. After this, delete the “META-INF” folder.
- The earlier step ought to have re-signed the APK file. Copy the file in your cellphone and set up it. To substantiate, you’ll be able to examine the model of the app and by opening it on the Play Retailer (you wouldn’t get the choice to replace it).
SEE ALSO: The right way to Cease Home windows 10 Updates From Putting in Robotically
Completely Cease Updates for Particular Android App
With this methodology, you’ll be able to completely cease updates for any Android app in your gadget. Although this requires the usage of a number of CMD instructions, I’ve tried my greatest to elucidate the steps in a simple method. Other than this methodology, is there every other method that you realize of to cease updates to any specific app on Android? Do let me know within the feedback part under.