Google Pictures might be my most used Google utility after Gmail. Actually, it’s one in every of my favourites among the many host of purposes that Google has to supply. Google Pictures has made my life comparatively simpler. All of the photographs that I tackle my Android system are routinely synced throughout all my gadgets. The app is sensible sufficient to routinely categorise all my photographs and the perfect half is that it makes photograph sharing simpler. I may even share complete albums with my household or pals, and they’ll be capable of see the photographs in prime quality. There’s no noticeable compression which occurs on different apps (WhatsApp). Additionally, I don’t have to make use of a number of apps, all my group, again up, and sharing is dealt with by this one app solely. Add that to the truth that I get 15 GB of free storage, I’m pleased. Nonetheless, within the latest updates, Google has eliminated one characteristic from its Pictures app, i.e. the flexibility to sync solely when charging.
I perceive that it’s not a characteristic to lose your sleep over, nevertheless, I actually cherished it as I didn’t have to fret about dropping on my smartphone’s cost whereas the Pictures app is importing the photographs within the background. In case you are somebody who can also be lacking this characteristic, this text is all about bringing that again.
Word: I’ve examined this characteristic on Nexus 5X (Android Nougat) and Google Pixel (Android Oreo), and the characteristic appears to work on each of them.
Carry Again Sync Solely When Charging
As talked about earlier, you will want a rooted system for this methodology to work. It’s because we can be modifying a file positioned within the “
/knowledge listing” which is inaccessible on unrooted gadgets.
1. First, you will want a file explorer which is able to mean you can entry the basis listing of your smartphone. I like “Stable Explorer” (free trial / in-app purchases) and have used the identical for this tutorial. You may obtain this app from the Play Retailer by clicking on the supplied hyperlink.
2. Now, launch the app and navigate to the next listing, “
/knowledge/knowledge/com.google.android.apps.photographs/shared_prefs“. To try this, first faucet on the hamburger menu, after which faucet on “Root”.
3. Right here, faucet on the search button, and seek for “photographs”. Now, faucet on “
com.google.android.apps.photograph” after which faucet on “
4. Right here, open up the “
photographs.backup.backup_prefs.xml” file in a textual content editor.
5. Now, seek for the textual content that claims “
title="backup_prefs_only_when_charging"worth="false'/>” and change the worth from “false” to “true” after which hit save.
6. Shut the Stable Explorer app and go to Settings->Apps->Pictures and faucet on “Pressure Cease” and relaunch the Google Pictures app.
7. Now one can find that “Sync whereas charging solely” choice has come again and is enabled by default. Simply to verify, launch Google Pictures and go to Settings->Again up & sync and scroll down to search out “Whereas charging solely” choice.
SEE ALSO: The best way to Allow Night time Mild in Chrome OS
Allow Sync Solely When Charging in Google Pictures
As I discussed at the beginning, this isn’t a make or break characteristic, however simply one thing which is handy if it exists. Even with out it, Google Pictures, in my view, will nonetheless be the perfect photograph backup and sharing app to make use of. Do you’re feeling the identical? I might like to know your tackle the topic. Drop your ideas within the feedback part under and tell us your favorite photograph administration and the backup instrument that you’re utilizing.
This tutorial was first posted on XDA Builders. We tried it out and it really works with none issues.