Heads-up notifications on Android is a really helpful function. Whereas this setting is on, you get heads-up notifications on the highest of your display for a small period, thus saving you the trouble of viewing them from the notification drawer each time. Although it’s possible you’ll flip off this setting fully, there isn’t a technique to flip it off for just some specific apps. Having stated that, there are telephones on the market just like the Galaxy S8/S8+ and the OnePlus 5 which have a sport mode that may block them for chosen apps. Nevertheless, if you happen to use inventory Android or every other pores and skin that doesn’t function such a mode, right here is find out how to block Android heads-up notifications in any app:
Conditions to Block Android Heads-Up Notifications
Earlier than we learn to block heads-up notifications whereas in video games and video apps, there are some things that you’ll require within the course of. Here’s a listing of these issues for a seamless process:
- Obtain Tasker (7-day trial, $2.99) and one in all its plugins known as SecureTask (free).
- Relying in your system OEM, first obtain the USB drivers after which set up them. If you’re not sure of find out how to go about that, the identical hyperlink has the rules for that.
- Obtain the ADB Binary recordsdata based on your platform.
- Obtain a software program like WinRAR to extract compressed recordsdata and folders.
- Allow Developer Choices in your Android system. You are able to do this by going to Settings –> About telephone, and tapping 7 instances in succession on “Construct quantity”.
Observe: I’m utilizing a pc with Home windows 10 Professional and a rooted Moto G3 with a customized ROM and Android 7.1.1. The next technique can work with any non-rooted system as effectively.
How one can Block Android Heads-Up Notifications in Video games or Video Apps
Whenever you consider any system tweaks that aren’t natively supplied by Android, the very first thing that involves your thoughts is Tasker. It’s a nice app that permits you to customise your telephone past what you possibly can think about – and most of them don’t even require a root entry. After you have taken care of the stipulations, you possibly can proceed with the steps talked about under.
- In your telephone, go to “Developer choices” and allow “USB debugging”. In some gadgets, this may increasingly seem as “Android debugging”. You’ll be prompted for a affirmation. Faucet on “OK” after which plug in your telephone to your pc.
- In your pc, extract the ADB Binary recordsdata in a folder. I extracted it on my desktop. Now open this extracted folder and whereas holding the Shift key, right-click wherever on the display. It’s best to now see an possibility known as “Open PowerShell window right here”. Click on on this.
Observe: If you’re not utilizing the most recent construct of Home windows, this feature could be known as “Open command window right here”. Additionally, you possibly can open up Terminal on Mac to finish the identical course of.
- Within the PowerShell/Command Immediate window, kind “adb gadgets” and hit enter. If this was the was first time you probably did this, you’ll get a immediate in your telephone. Faucet on “OK” to permit it.
- Once more kind “adb gadgets” within the PowerShell window in your pc adopted by hitting enter. This could now listing your telephone as an connected system. If it doesn’t, the drivers didn’t get put in correctly.
- Now, in your telephone, go to Settings –> Accessibility –> Tasker. Toggle this on, as this will likely be wanted by Tasker so as to acknowledge the app in use.
- After you do that, open SecureTask and grant all of the permissions it requires. Now, again in your pc, in the identical Home windows PowerShell/Command Immediate window, kind “adb shell” and hit enter. Observe this by execution of the next command:
pm grant com.balda.securetask android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
- Return to your telephone and open Tasker. Below the “Profiles” tab, faucet on the plus icon on the bottom-right of the display after which select “Utility”.
- From the listing of apps that you simply see, choose those for which you wish to block the heads-up notifications, after which return. I chosen Subway Surfers on my telephone. Whenever you come again to the Profiles tab, faucet on “New Process”.
- You’ll now be prompted to call it. As it’s elective, you possibly can select to skip it. Lastly, faucet on the test mark displayed on the display. Within the following “Process Edit” display, faucet on the plus icon so as to add an motion.
- From the motion class listing, choose Plugin –> Safe Process –> Safe Settings.
- Within the “Motion Edit” web page that follows, faucet on the edit icon in opposition to “Configuration”. The icon will likely be formed as a pencil. Chances are you’ll get a warning after this. Ignore it and faucet on “OK” to proceed.
- You’ll now land on the configuration web page for SecureTask. Right here, change the “Motion” to “Write”. Now enter “New worth” as ‘0’ and kind the next in “Setting”:
- Whenever you save this, return to the important display of Tasker, and underneath the Profiles tab, lengthy press on the textual content written on the right-hand aspect of the inexperienced arrow. From the menu that seems, faucet on “Add Exit Process”. Once more, you possibly can select to call this activity after which faucet on the test mark.
- Now, just like the earlier steps, faucet on the plus icon so as to add an motion, go to Plugin –> Safe Process –> Safe Settings. Whereas enhancing configuration, once more change “Motion” to “Write”, and enter the similar worth as above in “Setting”. The one change on this step is to enter the “New worth” as ‘1’ as a substitute of ‘0’. Save this earlier than lastly going again to the primary display of Tasker.
Now the subsequent time you open any of those apps (Subway Surfers in my case), the heads-up notifications could be blocked robotically. And if you exit the app, they’ll be enabled once more. When you ever wish to add or take away any of the apps to this listing, you are able to do that by tapping on the listing of current apps underneath the created profile.
SEE ALSO: How one can Group Notifications by App in iOS 10
Disable Heads Up Notifications to Play Video games and Watch Movies Conveniently
On condition that how irritating it may be to get notifications in your display if you find yourself enjoying on a sport or watching a video, it solely is sensible to dam them. However the one possibility you’ll discover in your telephone’s settings is to dam them fully – for all of the apps. Nevertheless, now that you’ve learn this text, now you can block them for any specific app that you really want. Aside from the aforementioned technique, is there any simpler technique that of? Do let me know within the feedback part under.
This tutorial was first posted on XDA Builders. We tried it out and it really works with none issues.