Google Assistant has been round for fairly a while now, and has all the time solely responded to ‘Okay Google’. Nevertheless, when Google launched the Google House assistant, customers had been fast to search out out that the good speaker additionally responded to ‘Hey Google’ — a command that isn’t solely completely different, but additionally extra pure to talk out loud.
Thankfully, Huge G has been rolling out the function to Android telephones with Google Assistant over the previous few days, and for essentially the most half, it comes together with an replace. My OnePlus 5 obtained it after I up to date it to the Oreo Open Beta 2 simply this morning.
Nevertheless, if you happen to didn’t get an replace in your cellphone, right here is how one can manually allow the Google Assistant ‘Hey Google’ command:
- Obtain and set up the most recent Google App from APKMirror.
- As soon as executed, merely launch Google Assistant and faucet on the blue drawer icon within the top-right of the Assistant window.
- Subsequent, faucet on the three dot menu icon, head over to Settings, after which faucet on Telephone.
- Faucet on Voice Mannequin, after which faucet on ‘Retrain Voice Mannequin’.
- Google Assistant will ask you to say ‘Okay Google’ and ‘Hey Google’ for coaching the voice mannequin.
Now you’re all set as much as launch Google Assistant and make queries by saying the ‘Hey Google’ hotword as a substitute of the common (and truthfully type of boring) ‘OK Google’ set off.
Notice: We’ve tried this technique out and it labored flawlessly for us on plenty of telephones.
Effectively, that was how one can allow the all new ‘Hey Google’ key phrase in your Android cellphone even if you happen to haven’t formally obtained the brand new replace. Attempt it out in your cellphone, and tell us what you concentrate on the brand new Google Assistant set off as in comparison with the previous ‘Okay Google’ command. Clearly, if you happen to’re not proud of utilizing the brand new command, ‘Okay Google’ will proceed to work as normal, so this actually shouldn’t have an effect on you in any respect.