Disable Facebook Messenger Day Feature : There was a time after I thought of Fb as some of the progressive corporations on the planet, not anymore. For the reason that final yr or so, Fb has been shamelessly ripping off many options from its rival Snapchat. In all probability the largest function which Fb copied from SnapChat was the “Tales” function, which it renamed, and launched as “My Day or Messenger Day”. Now, being a client, I don’t thoughts corporations taking some inspiration from its rivals to convey new options on their platform. As a result of, on the finish of the day, we the customers are the one who profit from this. Nonetheless, I hate it when corporations attempt to power customers to make use of these options. It’s unhappy that Fb is doing the identical with its Messenger Day function.
I imply simply take a look at the above image, the Messenger app is simply bombarding us with labels asking us to create our tales. I appreciated the way in which Fb carried out the Tales function on WhatsApp and Instagram. They don’t seem to be in your face, and you need to use them solely if you wish to. However, within the Messenger app, everytime you ship somebody an image, the app will immediate you so as to add it to your story. This simply appears like a shameless promotional stunt by Fb. And look, I perceive that, a few of you’ll not thoughts it. However, if you’re somebody like me, who finds this actually annoying, and can go to any size to disable it. So, with none additional ado, right here’s how you can disable Fb Messenger Day function in your Android Machine:
Disabling The Facebook Messenger Day Function
There are two methods to do it. For the primary one to work, your machine must be rooted. The second will work on the non-rooted gadgets too. The basis technique will work inside your at the moment put in Messenger app whereas the non-root technique will make use of the assistance of a modded APK file. I’ll clarify each of them one after the other.
Disable Messenger Day Function on Rooted Android Machine
For this technique, we are going to use a terminal emulator in your Android machine. So earlier than be we start, obtain the Materials Terminal app. Upon getting put in the app, observe the steps given under.
1. Sort the command “su” (with out the quotes) and hit enter. Grant any permission requested by your machine.
2. Now copy and paste the next command into the app.
am begin -n "com.fb.orca/com.fb.messaging.internalprefs.MessengerInternalPreferenceActivity”
3. When you hit enter, you can be mechanically taken to the hidden “Inside” settings web page of the Fb Messenger. Right here, scroll right down to discover “Gatekeeper Override” possibility and faucet on it.
4. Faucet on “Search Gatekeepers” possibility and kind in “inner” and hit okay.
5. Now, change the “messenger_internal_prefs_android” choice to YES by tapping as soon as on it.
6.Faucet the again button on the navigation bar to return to the earlier menu. Right here, search for the “MobileConfig” possibility after which faucet on it.
7. Right here, faucet on the search bar on the prime and seek for the next textual content, “wave2”. You have to be seeing just one end result (Param: wave2 montage enabled). Faucet on it.
8. On this web page, underneath the “Config:android_messenger_montage” change the worth to “false”.
9. Now, restart the app by clicking on the “Restart Now!” possibility which appeared on the underside of the display screen. When you missed it, simply faucet once more on the “false” worth and it’ll seem once more.
That’s it, you’re accomplished now. You gained’t see the Messenger Day function in your app any extra.
Disabling Messenger Day Function on Non-Rooted Android Machine
As I discussed earlier, we are going to use a modded APK file of Fb Messenger to eliminate the “Messenger Day” function. The steps for disabling the Messenger Day function is similar as these used within the above tutorial. Nonetheless, since a non-rooted machine doesn’t get entry to the inner settings possibility, we should use a modded APK. The APK will include an already unlocked inner settings possibility. So, you have to be pondering, why can’t I take advantage of the modded APK on my rooted machine too, as utilizing the APK will lower the variety of steps required to disable the Messenger Day Function.
Properly, it’s as a result of the non-rooted technique has a downside. Fb makes use of key-based authentication for information sharing between its purposes ecosystem. For the reason that builders should signal the APK with their very own key to mod it, different Fb apps won’t work with it. For getting this APK to work, you’ll have to uninstall each different app which is underneath the Fb ecosystem, together with Fb, Messenger, Messenger Lite, and Fb Pages Supervisor amongst others. In case you are prepared to try this, you should utilize the modded APK to get going. Obtain the APK by visiting the given hyperlink. The modded APK has been developed by a member of XDA-Builders staff, so make sure to thank them when you’re there.
1. I hope that by now, you might have put in the APK. Now, launch the app and go to the settings choices. Right here scroll down to search out inner settings after which faucet on it.
2. Now observe the steps 6 to 9 from the earlier tutorial. Simply that can assist you get began, the very first thing to do is to search out “MobileConfig” (talked about in step-6) after which take it from there.
Be aware: Keep in mind, prior to installing the APK, you’ll have to delete all of the purposes that are made by Fb, in any other case the method won’t work.
visit here- HOW TO STOP AUTOPLAYING GIFS IN BROWSER
Take away Fb Messenger Day Function on Android
The Messenger Day function and the way in which it’s being compelled down the throat of customers is simply unacceptable. Use the above strategies to take away the function, and revel in utilizing the in any other case nice Messenger app. I perceive that this tutorial generally is a little bit onerous to observe. So don’t draw back in asking questions when you’re caught at anyplace. Additionally, when you appreciated this text, please tell us within the remark part under. It’s good to get suggestions from our readers.