Among the many pool of keyboard apps on the market, the one by Google is a really spectacular one. Previously generally known as Google Keyboard, Gboard is arguably among the best keyboard apps for Android in addition to iOS that you need to use. And if you happen to not too long ago purchased an Android telephone, particularly one with inventory Android, likelihood is it already got here with Gboard pre-loaded. Whereas you’ll have realized by now that it’s quick and provides some actually nice options, do you know that there are some actually cool tips for it? Now in case you are questioning what they’re, listed here are 12 cool Gboard ideas and tips for Android and iOS that it is best to know:
Gboard Suggestions and Tips for Android and iOS
Be aware: I attempted these tips on my Moto G3 working Android 7.1.2 and iPhone 6s working iOS 10.3.3. The general public launch model of Gboard used for these tips was 188.8.131.52469584-release-armeabi-v7a and the beta one was 184.108.40.206275474-release-armeabi-v7a on Android, whereas it was 1.8.0 on iOS.
1. Use Google Translate inside Gboard (Android solely)
There could also be occasions while you need to sort messages in some language aside from English. For this, Gboard comes with a built-in help for Google Translate that you need to use. To know the way to do this, listed here are the steps:
- Whereas in Gboard, faucet on the Google’s ‘G’ icon on the top-left of the keyboard. Now you will note a number of choices obtainable. Amongst them, faucet on the Google Translate icon.
- You’ll now be capable to select the language to which you need to translate your textual content. As soon as chosen, no matter textual content you enter within the translate field can be translated to the required language.
2. Navigate Textual content Simply with Gboard (Android solely)
Okay, so that you’ve written a reasonably lengthy message simply to search out on the market have been sure typos right here and there. Inserting your cursor on the precise spot is usually a problem for some folks. Fortunately, Gboard has acquired your again on this area. Actually, Gboard provides you greater than only a single manner to do that.
Firstly, you’ll be able to slide your finger over the spacebar to navigate via textual content or slide over the delete button to delete it. The second is the extra targeted one. For this, comply with the steps under:
Be aware: The spacebar one works on iOS as effectively, together with sliding your finger utilizing 3D contact wherever on Gboard.
- Whereas in Gboard, faucet on the Google’s ‘G’ icon on the top-left of the keyboard. Now you will note a number of choices obtainable. Right here, faucet on the icon that appears just like the letter ‘I’.
- Now you will note a particular format for navigation. Right here, you’ll be able to navigate throughout letters, paragraphs, and use clipboard features like choosing, copying, and pasting.
3. Use Shortcuts in Gboard
Everyone knows that shortcuts make our lives simpler. Gboard gives us with some cool shortcuts too. Listed below are a couple of of them with the steps for a way you need to use them.
Punctuation Shortcuts in Gboard
If it’s a must to insert just one punctuation, then this shortcut is a really helpful one. Merely long-press on the interval key (‘.’) and you will note an inventory of punctuation marks pop up. You may hover over to any considered one of them after which raise your finger to insert that.
Particular Character Shortcuts in Gboard
Similar to the earlier shortcut, in case you are trying to insert a particular character as an alternative of the punctuation mark, then Gboard has a shortcut for that too. For this, merely faucet on the ‘?123’ button on the bottom-left of the keyboard and with out lifting up your finger, hover to the particular character that you just need to insert. Be aware that hovering over some characters might additional present a couple of extra characters so that you can select. Now if you find yourself blissful together with your choice, merely raise your finger up.
Capitalization Shortcuts in Gboard
Just like the earlier two shortcuts, a single letter may be capitalized utilizing the identical technique. Merely faucet on the caps key (left of the letter ‘Z’) after which drag your finger to the letter that you really want capitalized. As soon as there, you’ll be able to raise your finger.
4. Insert Bitmoji, GIFs, Stickers, and Emojis with Gboard
I assume that you’ll agree with me once I say that there isn’t any simpler solution to specific our feelings than through the use of emojis. If we’re on the identical boat, then this trick shall be actually useful to you. To make use of it, open the emoji drawer by long-pressing the comma (‘,’) button. As soon as there, you’ll be able to navigate between the totally different tabs to insert both emojis, GIFs, or emoticons. Should you select to go for emojis or GIFs, then you definately additionally get a search bar that you need to use to search out the precise emoji or GIF that you’re searching for.
If you are on the emoji tab, you’ll observe that there’s a small pen icon on the right-side of the search bar. Tapping on it will assist you to additional seek for an emoji by drawing it.
Lastly, in case you are a beta tester of Gboard (Android solely) and are working model 6.5.x, then additionally, you will have two extra tabs – Bitmoji and stickers. Be aware that you’ll have to setup a Bitmoji account and set up a sticker pack earlier than having the ability to use the respective options.
5. Use Google Search in Gboard
Being a Google product itself, Gboard bridges the hole between you and different Google merchandise to fairly an extent. The keyboard app comes with an built-in Google Search that makes looking out the online and sharing the outcomes with your folks simpler. To make use of this trick, faucet on the Google’s ‘G’ emblem on the top-left of the keyboard and seek for your question within the area offered. When you see the outcomes, you’ll be able to even faucet on any considered one of them to share it with your folks.
6. Use the One-Handed Mode of Gboard (Android solely)
When you’ve got a smartphone that has an enormous show, for example, the Galaxy Be aware 8, then one can find the one-handed mode in Gboard very helpful.
To allow one-handed mode, merely faucet on the Google’s ‘G’ icon and choose the one-handed mode icon. This may make your keyboard smaller and align it towards one facet. You may additional change its alignment with a single faucet.
Should you nonetheless don’t just like the positioning of your Gboard, then you’ll be able to faucet on the adjustment icon and drag it to a place you discover extra appropriate. Moreover, you’ll be able to even resize the keyboard to your will.
7. Add Customized Phrase Shortcuts in Gboard (Android solely)
There are issues that you just sort very often. As an illustration, your tackle or a selected phrase. Properly, utilizing this trick, you’ll be able to add a sure phrase to Gboard’s dictionary and assign a shortcut for it. To know the way to do this, comply with the steps under.
- Firstly, go to Gboard settings. Right here, faucet on the “Dictionary” possibility. Within the following display screen, faucet on “Private dictionary”.
- Now you will note an inventory of all of the dictionaries for the totally different languages that you’ve got enabled in your telephone. In my case, I had solely enabled English (United States). Choose the language of your selection after which faucet on the plus icon (‘+’) on the top-right of the display screen.
- This may open a display screen with two enter fields. Within the first one, enter the phrase that you just need to add to the dictionary. And in the second, enter a shortcut for it. As soon as you might be carried out, merely return and the adjustments can be routinely saved.
Now while you sort the shortcut in any app, Gboard will give you your customized phrase as a suggestion.
8. Sort Fractions in Gboard (Android solely)
Not all keyboards give us the choice to sort fractions and Gboard isn’t considered one of them. To insert fractions, merely faucet on the ‘?123’ icon after which long-press any quantity. You’ll discover that every quantity will present totally different fractions, so you could discover the one you’re searching for after some trial and error.
9. Use Dial Pad in Gboard (Android solely)
If it’s a must to sort a number of numbers, Gboard has a small trick for you as effectively. The app means that you can sort numbers as you’ll on a dial pad.
To do that, first faucet on the ‘?123’ icon after which on the ‘1234’ icon (to the instant left of the spacebar). Now it is best to be capable to see the numbers laid out as if on a dial pad. Additionally, you will discover some primary operations like addition, subtraction, and proportion obtainable at your comfort.
10. Sort Utilizing Your Voice with Gboard
If you’re too lazy to sort or don’t really feel like typing, then Gboard means that you can dictate to it no matter you need to sort. This characteristic is derived from Google Textual content-to-Speech and, in consequence, helps 119 languages as of date. To make use of this, merely faucet on the mic icon on the top-right of Gboard and begin talking.
Be aware: On iOS, you need to use this trick by long-pressing the spacebar.
11. Apply Themes to Gboard
With all these nice tips that you are able to do with Gboard, one factor that you could be nonetheless discover boring is its plain look. Nonetheless, Gboard provides totally different themes that you would be able to apply in your keyboard and alter its look altogether. If you’re questioning how to do this, listed here are the steps:
- Firstly, go to Gboard settings. As soon as there, faucet on “Theme”. Now you will note an inventory of various themes together with strong colours and landscapes. You may even select a picture out of your gallery by tapping on the icon of “My themes”.
- You may faucet on totally different themes to see a preview of how they are going to look. Moreover, you’ll be able to even select so as to add key borders if you happen to favor. As soon as you might be lastly blissful together with your choice, faucet on “Apply” to substantiate your choice.
12. Customise Gboard
Making use of themes just isn’t the one customization possibility that Gboard provides. Should you discover its settings, you could find a handful variety of different choices as effectively like altering the place of the emoji change key, displaying emojis within the recommendations strip, turning on/off key press sound and vibration, altering key press delay, textual content correction settings, glide typing settings, and plenty of extra. Furthermore, all these settings may be toggled with solely a few faucets. For instance, if you happen to wished to allow the quantity row in your Gboard, you’ll go to “Preferences” in Gboard settings after which activate “Quantity row”.
Be aware: The choices might range within the Android and iOS variations of the app.
SEE ALSO: Prime 5 Fleksy Keyboard Options You Can Use
Use the Greatest Gboard Suggestions and Tips
Now that you understand some cool Gboard ideas and tips that you need to use, you’ve taken one step ahead in turning into a keyboard ninja in your Android smartphone or iPhone/iPad. Whereas there are a lot of different ideas and tips for Gboard, these have been a number of the coolest ones. Other than them, are there any extra cool Gboard tips that you understand of? Do let me know your favourite ones within the feedback part under.